Vintage Swap Garden Party


Girls just want to have fun!!


I had a great time with my first vintage swap on Sunday; the turnout of some fashionistas and vintage lovers was just perfect and intimate. Just set in my back yard, which still is in the process of being transformed into a little French garden oasis, was perfect. We had a great time playing dress-up and scoring some amazing vintage frocks, I got an amazing leather coat with what I believe is a fox collar, 

a 1920’s flapper micro beaded purse 

a romantic, a la Ralph Lauren or Laura Ashley whichever you prefer (no label on it) long summer dress

not to mention a gorgeous sterling silver flapper cameo pin.

Bernie scored this amazing 1950’s beaded dress in the most scrumptious cream color (which I had my eye on but did not fit into)

  a 1970’s stringy sweater

and a sequined beaded tunic, lucky girl, 

Janet got this gorgeous 1950’s turquoise beaded top. 

 a few summer hippie dresses, 
and a 1950’s doctors leather bag.
 
I can’t recall all the items the other ladies got but Licia, my #1 flapper lady,
who I got the beaded flapper purse and sterling pin from, went home with a beautiful 1950’s faux Persian lamb fur coat, 

Sharon scored a gorgeous micro beaded flower purse, I wish I have a picture of it and her niece, a leather 70’s coat 


Oesolya, a mod 60’s wool pea-coat and a 1940’s hat.

Janet also brought all the girls gift bags, what a gal she is, thank you Janet.

The gorgeous hydrangeas, thank you Sharon they are beautiful against the ugly back ground.

 These are just few of the goodies before the table got full.

Two full racks for the girls to keep swapping

 




 Charley got in the mix of things

Now for the best part, thank you, Janet Simon, for getting us the most amazing caterer Samy Bazine who owns French Kiss. He is the friendliest French man I have met and with his French inviting accent, he created crepes to your liking right there, while the girls couldn’t wait to savor them. He also provided a menu that you can choose from. I ordered my Paris Crepe – Chicken with cream sauce, onions, and mushrooms OOOH LA LA it was to die for. The crepes were nice and big. I also got to taste a couple of mini crepes he made which included a Monaco - Smoked Salmon, spinach, mushrooms and mozzarella, and a Veggie Crepe - avocado, spinach, tomatoes, onions, cheese, and pesto sauce. Accompany with a nice tossed salad. To end the evening off with the dessert we had an I Chiterou - Nutella, bananas & whipped cream. Hope for our next event we’ll have him again. 


For your next event if you live in Los Angeles or Malibu don’t hesitate to call him (310) 779-2656 and visit his website www.frenchkisscafe.com/Home.html



No comments:

Post a Comment